Do you have a passion for protecting our environment? Are you an excellent multi-tasker who finds joy in the details? We want YOU to join our team at the NWA Land Trust! We're looking for our next Office Administrator, an integral role within our team.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Full/Part Time: 30 hours/week
Organization: Northwest Arkansas Land Trust Office
Location: Fayetteville, AR
ABOUT THE LAND TRUST
The Northwest Arkansas Land Trust (NWALT) is a regional non-profit, 501c3 conservation organization based in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The nationally accredited organization is dedicated to preserving quality of life for all people in Northwest Arkansas through the permanent protection of land. We work to save important natural areas that support clean water, wildlife habitat, outdoor recreation, local farms, and cultural heritage. To accomplish our mission, we work collaboratively with diverse partners including private landowners, local communities and governments, state and federal agencies, and other regional conservation partners. To learn more, visit www.nwalandtrust.org.
THE POSITION WITH NWALT
The Northwest Arkansas Land Trust seeks qualified candidates for the position of Office Administrator (OA). The OA plays an important role in our organization and must have solid administrative skills with excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of professionalism. The OA assists the Executive Director and manages the administrative operations of the land trust.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
The OA reports to NWALT’s Fayetteville, AR office daily and manages a wide variety of administrative functions and acts as an assistant to the Executive Director. Items handled by the OA may be confidential and require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise. Example essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Handle written correspondence, answer phone, and take messages
• Schedule, set up and communicate RE meetings, small groups and conferences
• Process expenses and deposits using Quickbooks Online; process receipts and reconcile monthly credit card statements; correspond with outside bookkeeper to reconcile accounts and provide monthly and annual financial reports (generated by outside bookkeeper)
• Manage the flow of information to CPA auditors and outside bookkeeper for their preparation of our annual audit and tax filings
• Maintain annual tax payments, filings and reports
• Ensure administrative compliance with NWALT policies, procedures, and external requirements (donor/legal/IRS/Accreditation)
• Keep current the organization’s annual subscriptions, dues and listings
• Maintain files, project binders, board manuals and other documents
• Order supplies and maintain the condition of the office, including maintenance of office equipment
• Run errands, make purchases, contract with vendors and assist with budget preparation
• Help update administrative policies and procedures to improve workflow
• Write, edit and proofread reports and other materials
• Enter gifts and maintain donor files using donor-tracking software
• Three years’ experience in office administration or equivalent position
• Technical proficiency with a wide range of business software including such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, QuickBooks Online, Salesforce, etc.
• Excellent business writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people
PAY AND BENEFITS:
▪ $15 per hour, 30 hours per week
▪ Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave
▪ Some flexibility in weekly work schedule
▪ Health and retirement benefits optional
▪ Professional development encouraged and paid for by the Land Trust
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be received by 5pm Central Time, April 9, 2021.
The successful applicant must meet or exceed the minimum qualifications outlined above.
Email Terri Lane, Executive Director, email@example.com:
✓ Indicate your interest in the Office Administrator position in the subject line
✓ Provide resume and detailed cover letter highlighting your relevant experience
✓ Provide three references who can speak to your administrative experience
The Northwest Arkansas Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.